Primal components - Merchant NPC / cheatmode

Need help with something in KoA? Can't find something? Issues with a quest? Post here.
FDucer

Primal components - Merchant NPC / cheatmode

Post by FDucer » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:58 am

Hello. First I wanted to say I love the cheatmode addon. I want to know if there is anything I might be missing about that mod, something that might help me get Primal weapons to scrap and get primal components to craft weapons with.

I would also like to know if there is any way to make a custom merchant NPC, or a way to add items to some merchant NPC, perhaps in Gorhart. I am still going after the primal components. What I want to do with merchants is add the components to their inventories and make the NPC sell the items. Is it possible to add something like that to the game? How can I do it?

I don't mind tinkering with any software and learning the ropes on the go. I only need a little guidance in the right direction.
I appreciate any kind of help.

Best regards
Fernando.
atom0s
Site Admin

Re: Primal components - Merchant NPC / cheatmode

Post by atom0s » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:17 am

Currently, there are no other plugins or addons for those kinds of features. No one else has really taken interest in working on their own addons/plugins for rMod so I haven't put much of my time into it since it's a side project that generates no income. What you are asking should be possible though if people take the time to do it since you have full access to the games memory in both an addon and a plugin. Plugins have full direct access to the game as well so they can easily hook functions and such as needed. (Again this takes work though since you have to reverse things and such to do this.)

I was working with one of the game developers for a short while trying to make an arrangement to gain access to some code of the game, but that fell through. He mentioned some upcoming plans for KoA and to wait for that though so we'll see what they do then.
Site Owner

Want to donate to say thanks? Donate via Paypal
https://www.paypal.me/atom0s